Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Basal Carcinoma Cancer.

I haven't told very many people about this, because none of us really know what's happening.

Around last month or so, my dad had this growth appear on his face. Of course my mom was suspicious, because my dad is the poster child for skin cancer. (UHM, HELLO? HAVE YOU SEEN HIS FACE???)

He has never worn sun-screen while working in his life. Thus proving that yes, a human CAN look like a cherry permanantly. Or a tomato. Even in winter.

He finally got it checked out, and it was cancerous.

BUT, the doctor's said that it was not the bad type of cancer. So it's not benign, but it's not bad, either.

Yeah, I don't really get it either.

They burned a little of it off, and now my dad has to get surgery to, well, cut/scoop it out.

SIDE NOTE: I googled the type of cancer it was, and as a public service announcement:

NEVER GOOGLE TYPES OF CANCERS/WOUNDS IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR DINNER DOWN.

Just saying. I've never seen so many bloody sores/disfigured faces in my life. And it was really sad.

But the bottom line: my dad will be fine, and life will continue. We are all mortal and bad things will happen if we make stupid choices.

So wear your sun-screen, kiddies.

But I really have nothing left to say, so I'll get back to knitting. ;D

No comments: